Tuesday 14 February 2012

Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart A Little

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog feature hosted by the awesome people at The Broke and the Bookish 
  

I really like the sound of this one.  I think if a book manages to make my heart ache at any time then it must be pretty awesome.  These are the top ones that have cracked my icy heart!!

1. New Moon By Stephenie Meyer
Officially the first book to ever make me cry.  When reading these books I somehow went in to the mindset of Bella and when that scene happens with Edward it felt like it was happening to me - I was devastated

2. The Time Travellers Wife By Audrey Niffenegger
This has a real heartbreaking end to it

3. The Knife Of Never Letting Go By Patrick Ness
I only read this recently and literally bawled my eyes!!

4. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban By J.K.Rowling
This is my absolute favourite of the Potter books, but that end is still pretty sad.  He gets so close to a happy ending and it goes a tad wrong!!

5. The Host By Stephenie Meyer
I know another SM book, I guess she just knows how to make me sad.  I really hope more comes of this series soon

6. Everneath By Brodi Ashton
Another one I read very recently, but that end!!!

7. Numbers By Rachel Ward
Such a sad story.  Didn't exactly make me feel uplifted

8. Shadow Kiss By Richelle Mead
Big time heart break with this book

9. City Of Bones By Cassandra Clare
The end of this had me sad, confused and a little sick!!

10. A Certain Slant Of Light By Laura Whitcomb
Absolutely beautiful story, that had me well up a few time!!!

8 comments:

  1. Well, one book that sure broke my heart was "Tuck Everlasting" by Natalie Babbitt. It was an awesome YA book and I definitely recommend it.
    City of Bones and Clockwork Prince (Cassie Clare), Beg for Mercy (Shannon Dermott), and Fire with Fire (Penelope King) are just a few from the list of books that made me pull my hair in desperation!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fantastic choices! I don't know why I didn't include New Moon in my list (since I usually have SM on every list lol). The Time Traveler's Wife destroyed me. Soooo sad.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Time Traveler's Wife makes my list too. I'm so looking forward to Everneath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Certain Slant of Light was an amazing book. Really got me back into reading YA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t like to read books that make me cry and with The Time Travellers Wife I came so close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the Host was a great book, did you see she's writing two more making it a series. Can't wait to see how that works out. Here's my Top Ten
    Happy Reading!
    Cathy @ Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Numbers did break my heart. I had completely forgotten that one. A lot of these books are ones that I'm looking forward to reading. HP 3 is heartbreaking...everything was almost so perfect. I'm going to have to check out the ones I haven't read.

    My Teaser Tuesday/Top Ten Tuesday post is here

    Happy reading!

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, yup, yup to all of these! Great choices.

    ~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure)

    ReplyDelete