Friday 4 March 2011

Books That Make Me Go Oooooh (4) The Taker By Alma Katsu

The Taker By Alma Katsu
Due For Release 14th April 2011
Published In The UK By Century
Amazon Link
Goodreads Link

"In the novel, set in the 19th century, a girl from northern Maine falls for and gets impregnated by a wealthy local out of her social league. When she flees to Boston to have the baby, she gets swept up by a group of immortal beings, and a tricky love triangle develops after the leader of the undying crew falls for her and gives her everlasting life"

The thing that first drew me to this book was definitely the cover.  Its gorgeous & quite haunting.  This made me want to find out what the book is about & led me to Goodreads.  Wow does this sound good!!!  I cannot wait to get this and devour it as soon as possible!!!

4 comments:

  1. It is the covers that do it for me - I swoon at the pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so guilty for going for covers, but they really do sell a book to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds good doesn't it? I love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really does - can't wait for this one :D

    ReplyDelete