Monday 21 March 2011

Review - The Body Finder By Kimberly Derting

"Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies - or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world...and the imprints that attach to their killers.

Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift, but now that a serial killer is terrorizing her small town Violet realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet find the murderer - and Violet is unnerved by her hope that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling in love, Violet is getting closer to discovering a killer...and becoming his prey herself."


This book has been on my shelf for a little while and I've been eager to start it, so finally did.  I've heard so many rave reviews for it & now know why!!!

The cover is gorgeous.  Such a fabulous vivid picture, but I don't really see what it has to do with the story.  If anyone knows feel free to fill me in ;)

The book starts with a prologue that totally immerses you in the story straight away.  I found the book so easy to read & kind of become a part of.  Always a brilliant sign.

Something that totally took me by surprise was the way certain chapters were written.  I don't want to say too much as I found it a brilliant / morbid shock and I don't want to take that away from anyone.   But it did reinstill my agoraphobia a little - it was that well written

Violet was a fantastic lead character.  I think most people could to relate to her in some way.  And I can confirm that having curly hair can be a nightmare, it really is a plight!

The realtionship between Violet & Jay is amazing.  I can honestly say that Jay is one of my new 'Fictional Husbands'  He is just perfect & I want one of my very own - pretty please!!!

I loved that the book had two fabulous contasting storylines to read.  It was both a beautiful love story & a disturbing thriller.  I was eager to turn the page to see what storyline I'd find.  For me this was pretty unique and just amazing!

This came with twists and turns at every page & I can say the end was not entirely predictable.  I'm happy if I guess aspects, but its always a treat when you get a shock, which I got plenty of!

This book brought about so many emotions - I was excited, thrilled, heartwarmed, disturbed, unsettled - you name it, I felt it - and I LOVED every second of it.  Please, Please, Please go and get a copy of this for yourself and enjoy it as much as I did!!

Rating 4 1/2 Out Of 5

Published In The UK By Headline

This Can be Purchased HERE and at all good book stores

2 comments:

  1. great review! i loved the body finder and im glad to see you did too :) wasn't jay just amazing? *sigh* he is definitely one of my favorite fictional husbands! :)haha!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :D

    Oh he is the best! I think us girls all deserve one of him!! x

    ReplyDelete