Wednesday 7 December 2011

Books That Make Me Go Oooooh (26) Unrest By Michelle Harrison

Waiting On Wednesday is a brilliant book blog feature hosted by Breaking The Spine   

Unrest By Michelle Harrison
Published In The UK By Simon And Schuster
Due For Release April 2012
Amazon LINK


"Seventeen-year-old Elliott hasn't slept properly for six months. Not since the accident that nearly killed him. Now he is afraid to go to sleep. Sometimes he wakes to find himself paralysed, unable to move a muscle, while shadowy figures move around him. Other times he is the one moving around, while his body lies asleep on the bed. According to his doctor, sleep paralysis and out of body experiences are harmless - but to Elliot they're terrifying. Convinced that his brush with death has opened up connections with the spirit world, Elliott secures a live-in job at one of England's most haunted locations, determined to find out the truth. There he finds Sebastian, the ghost of a long-dead servant boy hanged for stealing bread. He also meets the living, breathing Ophelia, a girl with secrets of her own. She and Elliott grow closer, but things take a terrifying turn when Elliott discovers Sebastian is occupying his body when he leaves it. And the more time Sebastian spends inhabiting a living body, the more resistant he becomes to giving it back. Worse, he seems to have an unhealthy interest in Ophelia. Unless Elliott can lay Sebastian's spirit to rest, he risks being possessed by him for ever, and losing the girl of his dreams..."

I heard a fair bit about this, this weekend at Simon & Schuster bloggers event and it sounds incredible.  It sounds very creepy and haunting - just my style!!

Sadly no cover art has been released yet, but as soon as it is I shall be posting it here!!!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting I love books like this. I'm curious to see the cover!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very interesting! I'll have to add this to my tbr. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Sandra
    New Follower
    My pick for WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erm wow this seems freaking amazing!!! Wish there was some eye candy along with it.

    Hey just saw the UK book tours link thing. You're a UK book blogger?!!!!!! ARGHHH me too us brits gotta stick together haha :P Love the blog!! And not just because it's british:D Following now!!

    Fran
    BookChowDown

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Michelle Harrison, so I will have to check this one out! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    My Giveaway- Signed HC of Anna and the French Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't handle creepy but I'm intrigued nonetheless.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete