Wednesday 17 August 2011

Books That Make Me Go Oooooh (10) Glow By Amy Kathleen Ryan

Waiting On Wednesday is a brilliant book blog feature hosted by Breaking The Spine
 
 
Glow By Amy Kathleen Ryan
Published In The UK By PanMacmillan
Due For Release 7th October 2011
Amazon LINK

"16 years ago, Waverly and Kieran were the first children born in space. Now a perfect couple, they are the pride and joy of the whole spaceship.
They represent the future.
The ship is their entire world.
They have never seen a stranger before.
Old Earth is crumbling, and the crew is hoping to reach (and colonise) New Earth within fifty years. Along with their allies on the second spaceship - who set off a year before them and whom they have never met.
One day, Kieran proposes to Waverly. That same morning, the 'allies' attack - and Kieran and Waverly are separated in the cruellest way possible. Will they ever see each other again?"

I've only recently heard of this book, but was instantly drawn to the look and sound of it.  This sounds on similar lines to Across The Universe By Beth Revis, Which happens to be one of my favorites of 2011 so this has got me mega excited!!  Plus we don't have too long a wait for it now!!!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have this on my TBR, and I can't wait to read it! It sounds awesome, and the cover is GORGEOUS! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! Great choice!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-11-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one does sound really cool. I haven't read a lot of books set in space, but I think I'll be adding this to my TBR list! Great pick! See my WoW over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
    Courtney
    *new follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choice! I haven't heard of this, but the whole concept of life in space sounds awesome! Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks interesting...maybe the romance will be too much here...but the life in space looks good... I'll have a go with it.
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for this book! It was my last WoW pick. It's going to be epicly great. Awesome pick!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-tris-and-izzie.html

    ReplyDelete