Wednesday 14 December 2011

Books That Make Me Go Oooooh (27) The Future Of Us By Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler

Waiting On Wednesday is a brilliant book blog feature hosted by Breaking The Spine   

Cover not confirmed yet
The Future Of Us By Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
Published In The UK By Simon & Schuster
Due For Release 5th January 2012
Amazon LINK


"It's 1996 and very few high school students have ever used the internet. Facebook will not be invented until several years in the future. Emma just got a computer and an America Online CD. She and her best friend Josh power it up and log on - and discover themselves on Facebook in 2011. Everybody wonders what they'll be like fifteen years in the future. Josh and Emma are about to find out"

I heard about this one recently and am so intrigued by the set up.  Its already got me thinking what I would have done if 12 year old me could have been reading facebook & what she'd think.  I guess the next best thing to finding out about yourself would be to find out about others in a book - and YAY we're given just that!!!  Cannot wait to read this!!

7 comments:

  1. This is on my TBR list, but I think this is the first time I'm seeing this cover. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! I like your cover better than the US one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for this to be released! This is also the first time I've seen this cover, and I like it a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book! It is a great read! I hope you enjoy it when you finally get it! It was a fun one to review. Great pick.

    Andrea
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. this cover is cool!!! more fun than the US one.

    stop by my wow?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/arc-review-incarnate.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a couple of this one at ALA and I really enjoyed it. I agree, this cover is way better! Great pick. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute version of this book. A classmate came in not too long ago gushing over this book. I'm excited myself now!

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete