Wednesday 18 January 2012

Books That Make Me Go Oooooh (31) Starters By Lissa Price

Waiting On Wednesday is a brilliant book blog feature hosted by Breaking The Spine     

Starters By Lissa Price
Published In The UK By Doubleday
Due For Release April 2012
Amazon LINK
Goodreads LINK

"Callie lost her parents when the Spore Wars wiped out everyone between the ages of twenty and sixty. She and her little brother, Tyler, go on the run, living as squatters with their friend Michael and fighting off renegades who would kill them for a cookie. Callie's only hope is Prime Destinations, a disturbing place in Beverly Hills run by a mysterious figure known as the Old Man.

He hires teens to rent their bodies to Enders—seniors who want to be young again. Callie, desperate for the money that will keep her, Tyler, and Michael alive, agrees to be a donor. But the neurochip they place in Callie's head malfunctions and she wakes up in the life of her renter, living in her mansion, driving her cars, and going out with a senator's grandson. It feels almost like a fairy tale, until Callie discovers that her renter intends to do more than party—and that Prime Destinations' plans are more evil than Callie could ever have imagined. . . ."


WOW this sounds so amazing!!  I'm literally writing this thinking I need to read this book NOW!!!  The whole idea of it is rather disturbing, yet totally fascinating.  I can already imagine this as a movie!!!

7 comments:

  1. This one's on Netgalley! Did you know? Great Pick!

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that - shall have to have a look - Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Darn, I so wanted this book from Netgalley, but they declined my request to review it :((

    Oh well, it's on my list anyways.

    And now I'm following :)

    My Wow is here .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really interesting, great pick!  Thanks for sharing!

    ~Lia

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got this book on NetGalley. It sounds really good. Great pick!
    Em
    My WoW post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one I've recently started seeing some buzz about. I was just saying that I'd totally pick this one up based on the cover alone. It's really different. The synopsis sounds interesting, too. Definitely worth a look through. Thanks for sharing!

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete