Monday 6 June 2011

In My Mailbox (15)

In My Mailbox Is An Awesome Blog Post Idea Hosted By The Story Siren
All links will take you to Amazon


This is kind of a continuation of last weeks IMM, with a few books and bit from this week.  I would love to recieve this much in a week though :D

Bought


Photobucket

The Lost Saint - Bree Despain
I have only just started to read The Dark Devine but am really enjoying it.  Saw this on offer with the below book and couldn't resist!

Pretty Little Liars - Sara Shepard
After watching the beginning half of the TV series of this I have been eager to read these books.  Really looking forward to starting it



The next few are my charity shop buys.  Could not believe I found all these.

Photobucket

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Jane Austen And Seth Grahame Smith
I've been keen to see how these books have been adaptated.

Kiss Of Life - Daniel Waters
I've read the first of this 'Generation Dead' which a found a good read.  Would like to see what happens next.

Beauty - Robin McKinley
Another modernisation of a classic.  Keen to see how this one goes

The Secret Circle - L J Smith
I've read some of L J Smiths other books, so I'd like to see what she does with this one.  Plus I heard this is maybe going to be a TV show, so its good to know what is meant to happen in the book


Won


Photobucket

An Elephant In The Garden - Michael Morpurgo
I was really lucky to win this in a twitter contest held by @Scholasticuk  They really are wonderful people, and everyone should follow their awesome tweets


The Poison Diaries - Maryrose Wood
This I won from the lovely people at @TeenToday Over on twitter, There were 500 copies so not much luck was needed on my side but its fabulous all the same.  Can't wait to read it!


Gifts

That fabulous Jenny over at Wondrous Reads, has been taking great care of my reading needs again - she ROCKS!!
Photobucket 
 Photobucket 
 Photobucket
Angel kiss - Laura Jane Cassidy

I hadn't heard of this one but it sounds a really good read!!


Shift - Jeri Smith Ready
I haven't read the first of this one yet, so shall be treating myself to that soon


Ballad - Maggie Stiefvater
I'm a huge Maggie fangirl, so this is so exciting for me.  Really looking forward to starting it


Photobucket 
The Taker Swag - Alma Katsu
The lovely Alma sent me some signed swag, really excited to get these.  Shall be starting The Taker next!!



I hope you all got lots of lovely goodies this week!!!


L-L
xoxox

7 comments:

  1. Awesome IMM. Glad to see u bback on the blog a bit xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo many great books! super jealous :) let me know how you like PP&Z, its sounds fascinating!

    Diana
    ps. Hurray for having a soccer loving blogging buddy! can't believe you recognized F. Lampard from my IMM video! I am a hardcore Chelsea FC fan :) who do you root for?

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, well I wouldn't say I was football loving - I tolerate it!! But footballers in the UK are just like movie stars, everyone knows who they are - plus he is a little pretty :D

    If I had to choose a team it would West Ham, who are so bad they got relegated - whoops!!!

    THANKS for the comments guys :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, you got some lovely books. I've been hearing some really good things about Shift and I'm totally a Maggie girl, as well. I frequently hang out at the Merry Sisters of Fate on livejournal where her, Tessa Gratton, and Brenna Yovanoff write short stories, etc. And I totally adore the PLL series of books. :)

    Such a fabulous IMM, with some nice peeps taking care of you. lol. Totally a new follower, already stalking you for life. It's crazy, yo!

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My IMM #006 --> Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH, you have Shift! I'm dying to read that one. Also, I LOVE charity shops, there's so much great stuff to be found there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow I like to read some of those.. esp beauty!

    P/S I'm a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya. I'm a new follower and I know this is last week's IMM, but I had to comment because I can't believe you got such a haul of great books at a charity shop! I consider myself to be quite good at finding the second-hand gems, but I've never done that well! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete